After reviewing all of the submitted material the jury decides the official selection of short films and the winning films for the “International Short Film Competition” and for the “Reginal Award Lower Austria”.
MEMBERS OF THE JURY
- Studied screenwriting at the “Filmakademie Vienna”; chairman of the Youth Media Commission; member of the “Gemeinsame Filmbewertungskommission der Länder GFBK – Prädikatisierung”; operational manager of an English cinema in Vienna and director of the International FRONTALE Film Festival.
- Musician, singer-songwriter; studies of musicology (University of Vienna); studies of music education (University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna) and sports and physical education (University of Vienna); production of shortfilms
- Freelance actress; studied at Schauspielschule Krauss, diploma in 2017; studied English and American Studies at Universität Wien; several acting jobs in theatre, i.a. Werk X Eldorado, Theater Spielraum, Theater Brett; several film projects (short, cinema, TV, series), i.a. Fucking Drama (Michael Podogil), Gruber Geht (Marie Kreutzer, Allegro Film), Die Detektive (Michi Riebl, ORF)
PhD – „Presentation and Representation of Gender and Diversity in Austrian Movies over the last 20 years“ / Media- and Film Science, Filmacademy Vienna; MSc in Psychology, University of Vienna; Shakespearean and Contemporary Theatre, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London (UK); IFFI Talent Campus 2014, Innsbruck; Artistic Director and Co-Founder of EVOLve Theatre Company; various stage productions, e.g. “Schauspielhaus Wien”, „Volkstheater Wien“, “Dschungel Wien”; permanent Assistant Director at “Volkstheater Wien”.
- PhD student (Film and media studies) at the Filmacademy Vienna; MA & BA-degrees in film and literature studies (University of Vienna, Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris III, FU Berlin); publications, texts and lectures on film & literature; jobs at various film festivals (Diagonale, Berlinale Talents, Frontale, achtung berlin..); currently working at the Filmacademy Vienna.
- Freelance film- and theatre- maker; studied acting at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz; actress in Vienna and Graz; BR Deutschland award for young talent; focusing on directing and the production of own film and stage projects; co-founder of the cultural initiative “glashaus”; participated in cinematic trainings conducted by e.g. Werner Herzog; had movies running at various festivals, e.g. Mumbai, Toronto, Cape Town, Maastricht, Wien, Girona, Novi Sad; also carries out teaching assignments for theatre and film; most recently working on the development of intermedia stage projects and her third full length feature documentary “Rebirth”, taking place in Albany and India.
- Studied “Journalism and Communication Sciences” at the University of Vienna; more than 15 years of working experience in the Austrian (public service) TV-landscape; since 2002 working freelance at the ORF (assistant to the director for various TV-productions); self-employed filmmaker since 2010 (mainly production of TV-Documentaries and various image films as unit manager, production manager, assistant director of live events and in research)
- Independent filmmaker; production of videos and movies; experienced with shootings, cutting, technology, live-directing and production management at events or TV-productions. Various engagements in many different working positions for productions like e.g. Die Migrantigen, Mission Imposible 5, Alles Wird Gut, Der Schattenboxer or Rettet Mark Watney
- Artist and filmmaker. Studied Art and Film under Bernhard Leitner, Erwin Wurm, Constanze Ruhm und Thomas Aslan. Various Awards, international Exhibitions and Screenings.Website: www.topitschnig.com
- Since 2016 working for the radio FM4 social media team and film department; from 2012-2015 program director at Radio Orange Vienna; from 2008 – 2010 journalist for Film/Culture at Radio Helsinki/Graz; from 2008 -2011 studies of “Public Relations and Journalism” at the University of Applied Sciences Joanneum/Graz; since 2008 and ongoing: Doomsday film collective/ Wiener Neustadt
- Bachelor program „Theatre-, Film- and Media Sciences“ at the University of Vienna; film geek for life; open to new ideas; critical thinker in all aspects of life; always having fun with rating movies til no end!
- Studied Sociology at the University of Vienna; also studied audio-engineering; former member of “come-on”, the official comittee to fund and support young artists from lower Austria; Co-founder and project manager of the International FRONTALE Film Festival Wiener Neustadt.